hydro belt help.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TClawn, Mar 23, 2005.

1. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

this should probably go in the repair forum, but I want to get answers.

I was putting in a new engine in my lazer hp and for the life of me, I can't get the hydro belt back on the thing. I put it around the left and right hydro's but can't get enough slack in it to bring it over the engine shaft. I've tried pushing the belt tensioner over as far as it would go, and I still can't get it. is there some sort of trick to this? I really don't want to have to take off the idler pully.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

can't you loosen up the belt pully on the hydro pumps

3. TClawn

which pully are you talking about? the tensioner pully or the actual pully that goes to the hydro's? I've got the belt around the tensioner, the right hydro, and the left hydro. I just can't get enough slack to stretch it over the engine shaft.

4. tiedeman

from earth

is the tenisoner all the way loose?

What I do is put around the hydro and tension first, and then put around the engine pulley (start to spin the engine pulley with the belt slightly on the edge of the pulley to get the belt to pop into place)

5. TClawn

no, the tensioner is not all the way loose. the pulley is at normal tension. I;ll give it a try, thanks.

6. tiedeman

from earth

try like I said about putting it on the edge of the pully and start to spin the pulley. Watch your fingers though!