1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hydro fluid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottlawns, Jun 15, 2000.

1. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

today i blew a hydro line on a really nice driveway...any pointers on getting this stuff up or do i just pay what it takes to get it fixed?i am insured but really dont want to make a claim..(inless its alot)<p>thankyou<br>scottlawns
  2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I know someone will probobly jum on the enviornmental issue, but if you don't give a $hit, simple green straight will clean it up. Soak up the most you can by rubbing in some sorb-it or cat litter or sand with your foot. It should work!<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti
  3. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

thanks guido...ill give it a try.<p>thanks again<br>scottlawns
  4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Try a 2x4 and oil dry(cat litter). Scrub(woops!)the area like you were sanding it prior to paint. I cleaned my driveway once using this method and it worked better than just waiting for it to absorb.<p>Homer
  5. Alan

Alan Member

Briggs & Stratton has a super oil absorbent. I've seen it demonstrated and used it myself. If you can find a Briggs dealer who has it it will probably save your butt on this one if the oil hasn't penetrated too far.
  6. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

7. Alan

Alan Member

There must ahve been a curse on this thread, today I poked a hole in a can of bar & chain oil in the back of the truck. Dribbled on a customers lot, I used the B & S stuff on it and it seemed to come right up
  8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

If its really bad you can use a pressure washer, but I'd try using straight Dawn dishwashing liquid and a stiff brush first. Try to stay away from the insurance claim if you can, let the homeowner know you are insured but will they give you a chance to clean it up. Good Luck
  9. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Scott,<br>Let us know what worked...<br>
  10. Ricky

Ricky LawnSite Member

When I worked on the Fire Dept. we carried peat moss on the trucks for petro. spills. It's cheap and easy to get, works great!