Hydro Hand Tools

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Guido, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Quick question: We have a bunch of hydraulic hammers and drills at the shop from years ago, but we don't (and never did) have a hydraulic unit to run them. I know there is a way to run them off of the aux. hyd. on a bobcat loader but I wasn't sure which valve/fitting to use.

Anyone have any experience with this??

Thanks in Advance!

2. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I also have a hydro Jack hammer I am going to try on my skids aux. hyd,I don't think it is a big issue as long as your attachment can handle the pressure.

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Let me know how it works out, okay?

4. yorkpaddy

yorkpaddy LawnSite Member

are hydro tools lighter than their electric or air counterparts? do you think you could run them off a dingo. another question about a dingo, could you run them in a basement. specifically, could you put a breaker on the dingo and bust concrete in a basement. we recently had a job where we made a 20 foot trench through 1 foot of concrete with 2 levels of rebar to put plumbing in for a bathroom. it was tortuously slow with an electric jackhammer.

5. Pauls Mowing

Pauls Mowing LawnSite Member

Most of the ones Ive used run at 5 gpm. There are manifold valves available to connect to your machines hydrauics to regulate the pressure and flow rates. I checked into one when I had a Case backhoe, they ran about $500 for the kit.

Paul