Hydro Oil and Filter

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Turftiger2, May 13, 2007.

1. Turftiger2

Turftiger2 LawnSite Member

I went to the local Hustler Dealer and asked for a Hydro filter for a super z. He gave me a Napa Gold hydro filter. He said that this is as good or better than the Hustler filter. Is he really correct? 1 more thing I was changing the oil and filter and put the Hustler additive along with fresh 10-30 conventional oil back in the system. After I had finished I looked at the oil tank and I saw the label on it that says to use 10 40 oil. Should I drain this oil out, get a new filter and buy some more of that expensive additive?:dizzy: I dont really want to do this....

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

On the filter.... I personally wouldnt use it if I didn't know for a fact it is the correct filter.
    Thats a call you and your dealer have to make.
    As to the oil, I have to ask our service guys about this, I will let you know what I find out.

Pj

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I talked to our service manager and engineers.
    You need to drain the oil and put 10w40 in it.
    As for the filter, it must be a 25 micron filter.
    A 10 micron will starve the pump causing it to fail, a 40 micron may allow contamination to pass and damage the pump.
    Variations in media change the flow properties which could result in damage to the pump.
    Use of aftermarket filters may void warranty coverage in relation to any damage they may cause if it is proven the aftermarket filter is the cause.

Pj