Hydro oil for Scag Walkbehing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Quail Creek LC, May 21, 2003.

1. Quail Creek LC

Quail Creek LC LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

Does anyone know where I can get some 20w50 synthetic Hydro Oil or an equivelient to it. My dealer has it of course but at $5 a quart it get pretty pricey. Thanks guys

2. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Its just plain 20W-50 synthetic motor oil. You can buy it at any auto parts store or Wal-mart. Expect to pay about $4.00 + per quart for synthetic oils (thats the going rate). Since you only need 2 quarts you should of paid the $5.00 to the dealer. Now your going to run around town just to save $2.00. Unless of course you are going to buy a bulk supply of the stuff.

FYI- Scag does not recommend synthetic in the hyro system. I dont know why but they say it will ruin it. You might want to e-mail Scag and ask about it before doing it.

Jimbo

3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Pep Boys or Auto Zone if you have them out there.

4. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I have already e-mailed Scag about using the synthetic oil and they said it would be alright, no harm. The warranty would still be good. For the Hydro system.....

Lou :cool:

5. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

Ive been putting synthectic oil in scag hydro's for a long time put 2000 hours on one machine not one problem caused by the synthectic oil

6. fatboy5803

Co.d 502nd
    What brand synthetic do you use ??

7. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

8. fatboy5803

Co.d 502nd

Thanks, I have never seen the amsoil around my area. I'll probably use the castrol synthetic when I finally go to synthetic.
    Thanks again...