Hydro Oil

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by js.lawn, Mar 12, 2008.

1. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

Hi everyone . Do you guys change your hydro oil in your z' and w/b

2. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

good question was wondering the same thing

3. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Depends on the condition of the oil etc. I have the filters changed every spring and the oil drained/refilled every other year. It seems like after 2 years 800 hrs the oil is needing to be changed.

4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the hydro fluid changed at the end of the season. Oil changes every 50 hrs.

5. CreativeEdge

CreativeEdge LawnSite Member

on a new mower you are to have all of your oil changed about 75 hrs to remove any debris or metal, after the initial service usually about every 150 hrs for hydraulics.

6. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a toro 36in wb hydro and had the same question. My dealer told me not to worry about it until about 250 hours, although I will probably get it done much sooner than that just for the peace of mind

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Hydro fluid and filter(s) are easy to change and service. I just did my Dixie the other day. The single most important thing is to make sure the hydro filter is completely filled with oil before installing.

8. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

I have 3 zero turns and 2 w/b and there all new last yr the dealer told me at least 1 time a year but at 100 buck per mower man that kinda up there in price but i guess it all part of the big picture

9. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

kinda like diesel filter