1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hydro problems with Kubota Zd 18 or 21?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mickpeg, May 29, 2007.

1. mickpeg

mickpeg LawnSite Member

Is anyone else having problems with the hydro pumps on ZD 18 or 21s? It has happened to me on two machines both on the right side. It has also happened to other mowers in my area (Northern Vermont). Symptoms are sluggish controls, skidding, jerky wheel movement getting off a trailer or especially on a hill. One dealer has been replacing pumps-mine is suggesting adjusting the control linkage.
    Please let me know if anyone is experiencing these issues and if so, what is your dealer doing for you?
  2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

how many hours do you have on them.

there has been some talk about it on here. not sure what the solution was. try a search.

i have a zd18 been problem free. 700hrs
  3. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

I know of one guy that has serious overheating issues and another guy that has had to replace his hydros. The guy that had to replace his hydro is having trouble getting Kubota to warrant it. He told me they have been making up excuses to get out of it.