hydro pump leak

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by accuratelawn, Jul 2, 2003.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a hydro leak on my Lazer HP. It seems to be coming from the pump, just below the black top of the pump.. Any ideas on how to repair? Gasket?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey accuratelawn,

Thanks for the post. The fancy word for the black part is the charge cover. There's an O-ring under the charge cover, which should keep it from leaking. This is likely the problem, but there could be more to it.

I would not recommend taking this apart yourself. If your mower is still under warranty, take it back to the dealer and have them fix it.

Working with hydraulics can become a little tricky if you don't know what you're doing. You also have to make sure that you keep everything real nice and clean and that you torque everything down to the correct torque specs if it requires torquing.

If you're dead set on doing this yourself and your mower is out of warranty, e-mail me with the serial of your mower at dustin.schwab@exmark.com. While I can't tell you exactly what is wrong with your mower, I can at least get you some information to help you do this right without damaging anything expensive. If you want my opinion, I would take it back to the dealer, but I'll help you with what I can.

Talk to you later,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Service