Hydro Pumps for 2002 Exmark Viking

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Michael950, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Michael950

Michael950 LawnSite Member
    from C

Would someone with a 2002 exmark viking please take a photo of their hydro pumps? I'm looking at a used unit, and it looks like the pumps have been replaced with non-oem type units. The seller is claiming low hours, and I wonder if there were some repairs or something else wrong.

2. ScagGrassGuy1978

ScagGrassGuy1978 LawnSite Member

Why do the pumps look wrong?
    If you can tell they are aftermarket or not right, then what do the "correct" ones look like?
    Pumps are specifically made to match the wheel motors they run, I am not familiar with the mower, but If you have these thoughts I'd start asking the seller some questions.
    Bill

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I recently replaced a hydro pump on my Exmark Viking, but it is a 1996 model. I don't know if they changed. The one used for my machine is a Hydro-Gear BDP-10L-117. Both the old pump, and the new one, had a label attached.

I don't know what you mean by non-OEM pumps. Exmark does not make their own pumps, but rather uses ones manufactured by others. Exmark is not alone in this regard. The pump mentioned above is exactly the same model used by Scag and Snapper, at least (only ones I can think of at the moment).

I'm sure a call or e-mail to Exmark with the model and s/n will get you the hydro pump that was intended for that machine. You will know instantly if the pump is not the one that should be used.