Hydro question Fastrak 20/52

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by MattB, May 4, 2006.

1. MattB

MattB LawnSite Member

HI,

Today I was mowing my lawn and was cruising the typical full speed of my mower. However, there was a brick in my yard that I didn't see until the last minute and I had to make a quick stop and actually pulled the handles back quickly to stop. Afterwords, I noticed the steering was very light and the handles seem effortless to move as compared to before this happened. Did something get damaged to the hydros due to the handles pulled back so quickly? The mower works fine and steers fine and I was able to finish the lawn as normal but it is a little bit touchy now that the handles respond so easily. BTW, my mower was purchased last may and has ~24hours on it.

Thanks for any info.

Matt

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Nothing should of happened....
    But.....
    Flip the seat up and check to make sure the steering dampeners are still attached.
    Let me know.

Pj

3. MattB

MattB LawnSite Member

Hi PJ,

I checked under the seat and both of the plastic ball cap ends on the front side are broken and the one of the other ends on the left hand side has a hairline fracture on the dampers. Where can I get 2 new end pieces and a new damper as it looks like only one side of the damper is serviceable (replaceable) and how much am I looking at for the repair? Thanks for your help I appreciate it.

Regards,

Matt

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You can not buy the parts for the dampeners, you have to replace them.
    They are available through your dealer.

Pj

5. MattB

MattB LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. I went to the local dealer and bought 2 new dampers. Man those things are expensive. They were $60/ea. I think next time I will just run into something instead of yenking back on the handles...lol