1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hydro question - Snapper WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescape, Mar 22, 2002.

1. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have posted a couple of times before on this. My Snapper WB is leaving divots on turns, even if you turn r-e-a-l-l-y slowly, and even if you are using counter rotation turning. It's a 48" adjustable deck WB with a 23 HP Kohler. I've tried everything, am in the middle speed range, have installed newer tires (Turf Master 7.5), and linkage looks smooth.

My dealer tried it and he agrees with me - it leaves divots. Tried a new Snapper he had, and I had no problem with divots at all. Something is wrong with my machine.

The Snapper rep told me dealer the only possibility he can think of now is that it needs new hydro pumps. The dealer will be doing this for me under warranty next week. The question is, will new hydro pumps make the mower turn smoother? The mower was bought new last year and has left divots from day 1. Can bad pumps cause this problem, or am I just wasting my time having them replaced?

I love the mower in every other way, but these divot marks have got to go. BTW, I run a Proslide, and the marks are worse when I'm on it, but still leaves marks if I step off. Machine was bad with original Turf Saver tires also.