Hydro Rain parts

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bobw, Jul 9, 2007.

1. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Ran across an old Hydro Rain valve today that needs a good rebuild... based on where the valve is located, digging up the box and breaking open the manifold to replace the valve outright is a huge problem...not at all helped out by a customer that doesn't want any damage to her yard... so... rebuild the valve it is... even if it has to wait until next year...

So.... anyone know of a source for a Hydro Rain 1" valve?

2. Mr.cactus

Mr.cactus LawnSite Member
    from Brea CA

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Hydro-Rain valve parts are sold by Irritrol now, and you likely want parts for the HR-1 valve. Be certain that the valve bonnet doesn't have any problems.

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

I can only speak for the older Hydro Rain commercial valves... may have been called the FC-100 or 100 Series. They are replaceable by the Irritrol Century Plus valves. Some modifications have been made over the years but they are interchangeable as long as you replace the complete top end.

5. bobw

The valve I'm looking for is 1", 6 screws holding the top down with flow control.

In looking up the HR-1, that seems to be the likely candidate.....time to see how much of a parts graveyard my Irritrol dealer has...

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

My suppliers carry the diaphragms and they should be a typical Irritrol solenoid (if I remember right). But you'll be out of luck if you need the bonnet/top.

7. bobw

Replaced the solenoid (gotta love the 2400 solenoid...nearest thing to a universal part there is).

The bonnet looks ok, I'm pretty sure I just need a new diaphragm. Solenoid is firing ok now, valve runs when opened with bleed screw, but the solenoid isn't capable of opening the valve....

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

If you used a new solenoid with the white piece that holds the plunger in, take the white piece out. It doesn't work well with older valves.

9. I get new replacement hr-1/ ev100 bonnets/tops from my supplier...