Hydro Ramp for Boxed Truck.

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a ramp that we just took of a 3500 chevy boxed truck. It was used by a local lawn company here in town and he went out of business. The gate lifts up and down with a wired remote located at the ack of the truck. The gate goes up in less then 15 seconds, and down in 15 second. There are 2 lift rams. This is made out of extremely heavyduty steel. We drove our JD 425up and down with no problem. The gate is 4 feet wide, you could add to it if needed. Everything needed is included (pump, hydro resovior, rams, safety chains, toolbox for the pump and resovior), but you will have to make the brackets that allows the rams to bolt to the back of your truck.

USA ramps is the only place I could find that had this type of ramp but there's was not hydraulic and was made out of cheap steel and they still wanted $1,000!!

We're Asking $1,400. We have no use for this so if you could put it to use please make a fair offer.

ramp5.jpg

ramp1.jpg

ramp2.jpg

ramp3.jpg

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Any offers????? Trades?????

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

bump..........How is the price?

5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I'd say you were a little high, I could buy all the steel and components for this and build it for around 600 bucks or so. this looks like a welder did it, and it looks strong, but there are few guys who need this and are willing to pay above a grand. I'd say you'd find a buyer at around 800 bucks or so. not trying to offend.

6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

I don't think you could duplicate this for only $600. But if I have to come of the price I will. Just need someone to make an offer.

7. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

not trying to make you mad. electric hydraulic pump, tank, around 200-250, steel around 250, two rams and hoses, about 100-150. I think the ramp is worth 1500 new, no doubt. used it is hard to find a buyer unless it is a steal of a deal. that's why I think 800 is a good selling price. I don't have a need now, but I will need one of these next year.

8. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Only $1,500 new? I have no idea what this thing is worth but I do know USAramps has one similiar to this but thinner/smaller metal, not hydraulic for $1,000. I think $900 would be a steal for someone. Have you bought metal lately? We just built a mini A-Frame for hoisting up mowers and it cost us nearly $350 for 5 - 1/4" square 10 foot pieces.

9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

It all comes down to how bad does some one want it and how bad do you want to get rid of it.
    remenent steel here i .45 a pound. I could build the ramp my self for under 300 but have not priced the hydraulics. the building would probably take a full day or two pending interuptions.
    good luck selling this nice feature but hey it is all about the bottom dollar.

10. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Bump.....$900 O.B.O Really need to move it.