Hydro seeding efficiency question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Masters LC, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Lawn Masters LC

Lawn Masters LC LawnSite Member

We will be offering hydro seeding this season. My question is how do you pre-prepare multiple loads. We have a 500 gal. Turbo Turf unit. I see that a lot of folks soak there seed in trash cans. Is this practical/best? Can you prepare multiple cans and take them with you for a days worth of sowing. I'm getting ready to start playing with different methods and thought you guys may be able to help me eliminate the useless ones. Thanks.

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I have Turbo Turf units as well, 110 gal and 300 gal. I pregerminated some seed last year for a rush job and didn't really notice much difference in establishment. I use Easy Lawn's tack and bio stimulant, and have got the best results from them. I use Plant Marvel fert., and Profile mulches. I think a good slurry and proper aftercare is the biggest "advantage" you can offer. Besides, the seed was a pain to load after soaking...I have heard of some guys using RoundUp and even freezing seed to "snap" it to attention. I don't know if I can post a link here, but PM me and I'll send you a link to a wealth of hydroseeding info.

Bill

3. Lawn Masters LC

Lawn Masters LC LawnSite Member

Thanks for the tips Impact...I tried to PM you but it wouldn't let me. Newbie problems I'm sure. Hope to see you around the forum.

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I think you need a post count of 15 or higher. I tried to PM you, and I guess that's what it is.