Hydro Seeding help

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by M.C.L.C., Aug 9, 2007.

1. M.C.L.C.

M.C.L.C. LawnSite Member

Hello all,

If this post is in the wrong place feel free to move it as i could not find the proper place. My company does quite a bit of work for BNSF railroad, and they have a somewhat of a large project needing to be done asap. We do not own a hydro machine but are willing to drive to K.C. to get one for this job. It consists of Hydro seeding an area that is approx. 10 acres.... yeah almost half a million sqft. We have the seed mix which isn't your normal grass, well here i'll just tell you what it is....

Sideoats Grama – 9.5lbs pls/acre
    Big Bluestem – 6.5 lbs pls/acre
    Little Bluestem – 8.5 lbs pls/acre
    Switch grass – 13 lbs pls/acre
    Indian grass – 9.5lbs pls/acre
    Oats – 15 lbs/acre
    Winter Wheat – 15 lbs/acre

I was just curious what the going rate is for pricing this sort of job. I called a couple other lawn cares here in town and from what i hear the going rate for fescue HERE is anywhere from 12 to 20 cents a sqft. Now obviously i could give them a break since its a half a million but does this sound right? Thanks in advance for the help!

2. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

10 acres of fescue in my area would go for about 5 to 6 cents a square.. call ernst http://www.ernstseed.com/ for a price on the blend. most of those seeds i gotta say are gonna be in the $10 per pound range.. if you dont have the equipment for a job that size i would def sub it out. most likely a job you can make good money subbing it out...