1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by sloan, Apr 3, 2002.

1. sloan

sloan LawnSite Member
    from Seattle

Does anyone know what the easiest hydro-seeder would be for a 1 man operations, I have never run one but have been told, it almost takes two men one spraying and the other handling the hose,from what I have read I am thinking about going with the Turfmaker 425, I just found this web site and have not been able to stay off it. I really thank all of you for your great advice. Thanks , Sloan
  2. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

For a 1-man operation you can run many of the hydroseeders. Ours is a 600 gallon unit, and we sometimes have 1 man running it. Sure, it goes a little slower when you don't have someone to help move the truck/unit, and tug the hose out of your way, but it can all be done pretty easily.
  3. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

We are currently looking at another hydroseeder and are leaning toward the easy lawn. best deal so far and minimal maintenance.
  4. Shawn Burns

Shawn Burns LawnSite Member
    from N.C.

I have a TurfMaker425 and run it alone alot of the time. It is definatly easier with 2 people, but after using it awhile you will learn how to use it alone. I would think all brands would be this way.