Hydro system problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by carguyrob, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I really don't know...... But it cost nothing to try and I've never purged a system with the valves open.

You may end up calling around to find a shop with a flow meter and have them test the pump to avoid throw'n parts at it......

2. carguyrob

carguyrob LawnSite Member

Yeah I just got off the phone with the dealer. 7-10 day wait to get in, and for some reason they need my mower to sit there the whole time, like I have a garage full of backup mowers to use.

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

That's down right crazy !!!

Sounds like your dealer is working on homeowner equipment ahead of you commercial guys, I can't imagine a Scag being bad enough they stay swamped with them..... But I guess it's possible.....

4. carguyrob

Exactly right. Said they have a shop full of push mowers. I wanna know who's gonna pay $80 an hour to have someone fix a $200 mower. Beyond me...

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

In our area there are a lot of shops other than mower shops that work on Hydro pumps and wheel motors.

6. carguyrob

What other kinds of places? Thankfully today I found a smaller mower shop that can fit me in real soon.

7. carguyrob

Had the pump tested today, and the left side apparently is very shot, 2 gpm @ 1100 psi. Right side was on the edge of acceptable, so it looks like I'm doing 2 pumps and I'll hang on to the right side one for a backup.

8. carguyrob

Just and update. Got it fixed, had to replace the left wheel motor too though, so I'm in it pretty deep financially. I don't know if the pump knocked out the wheel motor or if I f**ked it up doing the seal and bearing kit, but the inside of the wheel motor had some decent damage to it. Running good now, guess I'm an engine and another wheel motor away from having a new mower with faded paint.

9. sim

sim LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device