Hydro Tracking?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Green-Horn, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Green-Horn

Green-Horn LawnSite Member

Hello: I have a question on the steering of the Z. I recently demo'd three seperate models of these and two out of the three were not tracking straight. Is there any way to adjust the hydro tracking on these such as Exmark has ? They were all '05 units that I tried if this matters. This is quite annoying having to adjust steering every ten feet to achieve a straight line.
    Mike

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The steering is adjustable on all our Z's.
    We adjust them at the factory and the dealer also checks them.
    What models did you demo?
    Tire pressure also may not be correct, this too will cause a unit to not track straight.

Pj

3. Green-Horn

Green-Horn LawnSite Member

Thanks for the quick response Mowerconsultant. The two that were not tracking straight were the Fastrak 54", and the Super Mini Z 54", the Fastrak being the worse of the two. I tried the regular Z with 60" and was quite impressed. Just going to demo on my own property once we line up a time with dealer and will probably be purchasing this mower soon, as long as all goes well. The only problem is the wife. Not that she doesn't want it, it's the exact opposite, don't think I'll be able to get her off of it.
    Thanks for putting worries to rest re steering.
    Mike

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You must mean 52".
    I assume you are dealing with Mark @ Nes-Tech, he will take care of you, and as far as the wife... I cant help you there... you may have to compromise......lol...lol....