Hydro Walk Behind Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnman72, Jun 27, 2007.

1. lawnman72

lawnman72 LawnSite Member

Would you buy a scag hydro walk behind or an exmark hydro. And if you buy one of those, would you buy a sulky to go with it?
  2. hossmp

hossmp LawnSite Member

That would depend on the dealer. I think they are probably two of the better machines available. It also depends on what controls you like. I like the older pistol grip style controls so I stick with Scag. My dealer sells both and bobcat aswell for walkbehinds. The Exmark has the ECS controls and if you where going to get a sulky or anything like it I would recomend the ECS just from what I have read here. I think they both give a good cut.
  3. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I've been kicking this one around too. I run all Scag equip. with Kawi. engines and like the quality of the product and cut. The Scag 36" hydro is the one I've been serious about but it's heavy and a little pricey for the little use I'd have for it now.

The other 36" is the Quick 36 from Better Outdoor Products. I've heard good things about it and the price is reasonable with a Kawi. engine. The drawback (unknown) is the single hydro. I'm just not that familiar with the differances and how it effects the handling. You can do the usual search and get more info because there have been numerous threads about both of these and the Exmark.
  4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Having 2 Exmark WBs, I can say I wouldn't think about buying any other WB mower.
  5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I would buy a scag very good mower......I never had a problem with it and it had 875Hrs when i sold it....I'm now going to buy a 36" Scag...And yes i would buy a sulky for it..