hydro walk mowers/snapper or ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gordons lawn, Apr 6, 2003.

1. gordons lawn

gordons lawn LawnSite Member

guys im thinking of buying a hydro 52'' snapper walk behind mower. does anyone out there use snapper hydro walks? and do snapper hydro walkers give a quality cut?? please let me know, thanks much, Jim Gordon.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It's Not a snapper But It work's!

745resized.jpg

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I have a 52" hydro Snapper WB, fixed deck. Cuts great! Hate to say it, but it cuts better then my 36" Exmark.
    Of course it's comparing two different size decks, so that's kind of apples & oranges.

The Snapper just feels like it has a real good vacuum and stands the grass up before cutting it. Very happy with it. Only down side is the loops on the older models are a far stretch for the hands. Don't get me wrong, I like the loop system alot, but I wish it was more like the newer ones, less stretch.
    I haven't cut with a new model, but if it cut as well as mine, I'd definately buy another one, especially with the improved loops.

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

My 48" exmark deck on my lazer hp cuts better than my 32" fixed deck one (actually on a toro, but it's an exmark deck). yep, must be something to do with standing the grass up better.

Anyone try using 4 spacers over the blade on a fixed deck and get better results than with just the recommended 3? Or do you get too much blowout?

5. Jerrys Lawn Service

Jerrys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

6. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a 48" fixed deck gear drive snapper, I call it the clump master. Machine is built like a tank and very comfotable to use - but that's it for me. I've tried every different blade I could, including doubles, and all mine does is flatten the grass and blow klods everywhere.