Hydro WB reverse?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by win1free, May 7, 2004.

1. win1free

win1free LawnSite Member

How do you reverse a hydro WB? Maybe the ECS thumb control? I am demoing a used Metro HP 48" and it is a real pain manuering on slopes and in tight places. That is why I was wondreing how the Hydro are backed up. I need to buy this Metro Hp in the next hour or return it, so if you are out there Terry please help.

Troy

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Troy,

Sorry for the delay.

Reverse on the hydro is engaged with the drive levers. Just like the Metro HP you squeeze left to turn left and right to turn right. The difference is that the hydro has a neutral position in the drive lever that acts as a brake. If you squeeze past the neutral position you then begin to reverse. This way both tires can run in forward or reverse independently of each other for a true zero turn.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Thanks,

Terry

3. win1free

win1free LawnSite Member

Thanks Terry.

I bougth the 2001 Metro HP 48. I will use it for a while so that I can truly appreciate the Hydros when I up grade.

Troy

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Win1free,

You'll like the Metro HP. It isn't a hydro isn't a Lazer and so on. The Metro HP should be a reliable long lasting machine for you. You'll appreciate the floating deck as well as the cutting height adjustment as well.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thank you,

Terry

5. win1free

win1free LawnSite Member

Terry,

Within the first 5 minutes I appreciated the floating deck. Made three adjustments to see which height I liked the best. Very simple adjustment I might add, sweetttttttttttt.

Troy