1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hydrolic Leak

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by 123hotdog, Sep 5, 2012.

1. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2002 Kubota ZD21. It was the model that had poor hydro capacity. I researched online when I first bought it (two months ago) and Kubota offered an external hydro reservoir. I paid the dealer $500 for parts and labor for it. I don't want to take it back to the dealer cause we all know they care nothing about our equipment like we do.:cry: Now I have a fluid leak somewhere. In addition to the fluid leak when I stop the mower I hear the fluid gurgling allot. The fluid isn't boiling from heat it will do it after ninety seconds of use. In seven years I am blessed not to have ever had a hydro issue of any kind until now. I'm hoping "piston slapper" and some of you guys that know much more than I do read this. I realize that I will have to clean this thing spotless before I start but any advise would be greatly helpful. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I resent that remark !!!

I care MORE about my customer's equipment than I do my own....

Your gonna have to clean the machine and locate the leak, You'll likely find once you repair the leak the gurgling will go away. If fluid leaks air can enter and that's likely what you hear.....

3. 123hotdog

Thank you for your input. Glad to see that there is still people out there that take pride in their work. Here in East Tennessee it is awful. The shop is four weeks behind this time of year and they don't care cause there is only two shops in town.

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

That's a lost art in today's world..... It's all about the pay check anymore.....

5. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Somebody say paycheck ???? :drinkup:

6. 123hotdog

I am forty and when I retire I hope to have enough working knowledge to open my own repair shop. When I am no longer able to mow. I hope to rape the two businesses in this town that have left me hangin numerous times.