Hydroseed 2 acres

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Jun 14, 2000.

1. Seed is 50-50 rye and bluegrass.<p>What is a fair price?

2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Stone is this for a ballfield and how much seed per acre<br>how much mulch per acre<br>is grading to be done ordo you have to do it<p>----------<br>paul<br>

3. A CUT ABOVE

A CUT ABOVE LawnSite Member

Stone,<br> Also consider availability of a water source, amount of fertilizer, any tackifier, or other additives you might need.<p>----------<br>Richard Holton<br>Jesup, GA

4. Field hockey field is graded and box raked.<p>Rate requested is 5 lbs per 1k of 50-50 blue<br>and rye.<p>I just want to compare hydro seeding in cost<br>vs. the old fashioned way.

5. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

You'll need 3000 lbs of mulch for the job plus one ton of fertlizer and 430 lbs of seed.<br>$660 for mulch<br>$425 for fertlizer<br>$710 for seed<br>total cost $1795<br>rental on machine $350 per day might need two days depending on water source <br>I would figure about $4800 per acre for hydo seed and $3500 per for regular seeding with straw mulch<p>----------<br>paul<br>

6. slingshot

slingshot LawnSite Member
    from pa

stone 5 to 6 cents a sq ft for hydro call me if you need a machine to use omerta17@aol

7. Alan

Alan Member

Around here the costs run under 2 cents per foot for material. In place rates run around 5 cents. I just did 15,000 ft in 3 1/2 hrs last week. My seeder is only 200 gallon but I carry a 1,000 gal nurse tank in the dump truck so I can cover about 11,000 on one fillup. Mulch quality greatly affects mixing times, may not be so much of a factor on a mechanically agitated unit but is something to consider if you have a jet agitator. On that big an area I'd be inclined to lay fertilizer first with a broadcast spreader. It's easy to lay down too much material, have you ever hydroseeded before?