1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hydroseed? antone do it.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by landscaper3, Nov 27, 2000.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We posted this on lawn forum only got one reply so try here. If you do Hydrossed how much per square foot do you get? I have been told from.050cents to .080 per foot what do you charge.
  2. landscaper3

WOW!!!!!!!!! no one hydroseeds man I am gonna get in this business no competion LOL!
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I read an article in one of the trade magazines about hydroseeding. It said that the market for this service is wide open! However, a lot of trial and error happens trying to get the right mixtures. But once you've got that figured out, in comes the money.
  4. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Try doing a search on this, you'll find quite a few posts on it.
  5. Foster

Foster LawnSite Member

I seen on some site that the rate is 7 to 12 cents per sq ft.

TURF TAMER LawnSite Member

I have found that .14 a square ft. is about all I can get for hydroseeding. This includes rockhound prep. I would prefere shooting hydroseed over blowing straw any day.
  7. landscaper3

Wow talked with some companys around here and they get .080 for up to 20,000sqft and .070 for 20,000 to 30,000sqft and .060 for all above 30,000sqft. We also talked with a friend upstate that does it he gets .070 for up to 25,000sqft and .060 for 25k and up with his cost averaging .018 so I think we will go with his prices at .070 and .060 or .065 and .055 for 3 local town gave alot of interest when I told them our company was going to be hydroseeding.
  8. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

All of those prices are pretty much in the ball park of what we charge. It does depend though on the type of seed and mulch used. It could vary a little.
  9. PRapoza451

PRapoza451 LawnSite Member

Take a look at http://www.lawnandlandscape.com bulletin board, general interest section. Same question and many good response. Don't worry to much about going rate. Figure out what you need to charge in order to recover your expenses then add profit. As much profit as the market will bear.

10. jkinchla

jkinchla LawnSite Member
    from MA

Here in MA I charge 6 cents a foot, with a discount over 20,000 SF. Road jobs are less. I wouldn't believe the guys that say they get 12 cents a foot. People are very price sensitive to hydroseeding around here, but a lot of people are doing it as well...