Hydroseed Florida

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Harley58, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Harley58

Harley58 LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

For the folks in Florida, how popular is hydroseeding down there? Do you think that would be a profitable service to offer for a LMO? Did a search and found few references to hydroseeding in Florida. Anyone? Thanks.
  2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

NO,,,it is very rare that hydroseeding is done in florida! just some right of ways and fields!

people and municipalitys want sod,,,no dirt!
  3. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't recall ever seeing any hydroseeding in my neck of the woods. I believe it is due to the rain. When it rains, it pours buckets and erosion can be a major problem. Also, St. Augustine is the only grass you will find in the upscale areas, and that type of seed is not available for purchase.
  4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Down in south florida I think all that is seeded is Bahia, a lower quality lawn. I don't know if they even hydroseed that but I would assume it would mostly be roadside work.
  5. danno

danno LawnSite Member

In northwest Florida you only see it on road work and some commercial aps. where lawn quality is not a factor. St. Augustine can't be seeded and centipede is somewhat pricey. Bahia is probably most common along with winter rye. Sod is king around here.