hydroseeder hose

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by clay duncan, Dec 26, 2007.

1. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

i need to replace the clear braided hose on my hydroseeder and was wondering if there is a more cost effective hose that would work as well. i have seen some hydroseeders with black hose and would like to know more about it such as cost per foot. the clear hose is $2.50 per ft..........clay
    i use 1.25 in. hose

2. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you will find the black hose is more money. The only hose that is a tad cheaper is a spiral reinforced hose. There are a number of companies who make that. If you look for it I would recommend you stay away from Kuriama. Their hose seems subject to pin hole leaks. The other manufacturers all have good quality. It makes a good hydro seeding hose. It is more resistant to kinking than the braided hose, fairly light and reasonably strong. Our price on it is $ 1.99 a foot coupled but if you search and check with some of the hose suppliers you can likely get it a little cheaper.

I think Muddstopper posted a link to a hose supplier with cheap prices a while back on the hydroseeding association forum but it could have been someone else. I have a feeling he will end up reading this and if it was him perhaps he remembers who it was.

Good luck in your search.