Hydroseeder Rental

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Loosestrife, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Loosestrife

Loosestrife LawnSite Member
    from PA

WE have always sublet our larger seeding jobs out to a company with a large hydroseeder, and manually seeded all the smaller jobs in house. We have a job coming up that is not all that large, perhaps just under 10,000 square feet. The job is 50% level, then goes down over a steep hill, then is managable terrain after going down over the hill. We would have no problem manually seeding this, but getting the topdress down over the hill will be very cumbersome.

My thought was to rent a small hydroseeder. Only the hose would need to be taken down over the hill, allowing for a much less labor intensive planting.

My problem is that I can't find anyone to rent a hydroseeder from! None of the rental yards have them, and neither do any of the national construction equipment chains.

We are located in PIttsburgh, so it is not like we are looking in the middle of nowhere?

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this situation?

2. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

My experience has been that either the equipment is too specialized, or rental cos have a hard time working with renters on them, so they don't carry them.

We wanted to rent one too. Ended up just buying one.

3. Loosestrife

Loosestrife LawnSite Member
    from PA

I called FINN, they were a great help. They pointed me to a selling dealer that will rent one out. A 600 Gallon with tower & 100' hose goes for $300/day, and $1000/week. It's perfect!