1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hydroseeder value

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by hdforester, Jun 4, 2007.

1. hdforester

hdforester LawnSite Member

Got a 2002 700 gallon Turfmaker with 700 gallon auxillary tank on a Big Tex gooseneck trailer. Has 18 horse Honda engine, electric hose reel, tower, and all accessories. Anyone have any idea as to what this rig is worth? Have $24,000 in it. I bought it for something to do on the side but just don't have the time to devote to it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  2. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

My guess is $17,500. Would be a fair price for all. Go to Hydroseeding Experts.com and ask there.
  3. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I got in to hydro-seeding 2 years ago and bought all new: Turf-maker 550, 500 gal. aux tank, hoses,reel, tips, etc., 12k gvw 16' deck trailer, honda portable pump all new and had 15k invested. Since it is used i would probably say around 16-17 also would be fair. You need something worth while to pull it though for mine i use f-350 srw diesel and i am at the peak. keep in mind you will be hauling another 1000 lbs or so in material. 1400 gal. of water will weigh 11,900 lbs it self. Im not sure but with the weight of machine this might be heavy for a dually. Check these things out.