Hydroseeders!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Rollacosta, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

Hi i'm looking to get into hydroseeding.Can you guys tell me what machines/seeders your using [website links would be great].Been looking at ''Easylawn'' hydroseeders,what opinions do you have of these machines? many thanks for replies..:)

Have you got any tips for a beginer you could share with me?

2. Rollacosta

Thanks for your replies...

3. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare LawnSite Member

Can't help you out there, don't have any experience with those machines.

4. BobcatBoy06

BobcatBoy06 LawnSite Member

We are running a Kincaid machine, its worked out well for us so far, We will eventually upgrade to a bigger unit. I would go with something that is mechanical agitation and probably something that has a tower gun and a pull behind unit. There was a unit for sale on here within the past week that would make a good starting machine, it was a good deal too.

5. Rollacosta

Hi BobcatBoy06,I have only seen the Finn and Easylawn rigs.How many gallons does your rig hold? have you got a model number for it?

Have you found that jet agitation doesn't mix very well? can your rig take wood mulch?

I was only looking at a starter type rig,but i'm thinking I might go one step further,that is if my budget will cover it.:)

All the best thanks

6. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I own a turfmaker 500 gal. with a 500 gal. aux. tank i have on a 16' trailer. it works very well and you are able to pump the water out of the nurse tank with the main pump on the seeder. They are great people to deal with www.turfmaker.com ask for Ruthie if you would phone. please mention Mike from Bobcat service in Maeyland told you. they are a mechanical machine and you can visit my web site and see it working. www.bobcatservice33.com
    Mike

7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

we have a finn t120 skid mount, its an awesome machine. we are looking to purchase or upgrade to a t330 hopefully in the spring if all goes well. while ive never owned another machine to compare too, but i do love our finn..

8. Andyinchville

Andyinchville LawnSite Senior Member

Hi,

YOu may want to check out some of the hydroseeding forums....I think turboturf does have a good site but of course they will pitch their product there too....I have a Easy Lawn 600 gallon model....works great....As far as Kincaid brand I have heard alot of negatives about it in one or two of the forums....
    Hope this helps.
    Andrew

9. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

turboturf.com

10. Rollacosta

Thanks for your links Mike,great website by the way,I took the time to sign your guestbook,feel free to correct any spelling mistakes I may have made..:laugh:

And i'll be sure to take a look at 'turfmaker' machines..:)