Hydroseeding Fears

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by CUSTOM CUTTS, Sep 7, 2003.

1. CUSTOM CUTTS

CUSTOM CUTTS LawnSite Member

OK FELLAS. I HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED A TURBO TURF HYDROSEEDER. IT WILL BE HERE TOMORROW AND FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN IN THIS SITE IS THAT I HAVE MADE A MISTAKE WITH THE TYPE OF MACHINE PURCHASED. IE JET AGITATION, MULCH CAPACITY AND THE LIKE. ARE THESE MACHINES AS BAD AS COMMENTED ON IN THIS FORUM. I HOPE NOT OR THIS MAY BE A FATAL BUSINESS MISTAKE..:( ARE THERE ANY CONFIDENCE BUILDERS OUT THERE OR PERSONS THAT HAVE A TT MACHINE AND WOULD LIKE TO SING THEIR PRAISES OR TWIST THE KNIFE. ANY HELP PRO OR CON WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. IT WAS THIS MACHINE OR A RIDE ON SPREADER HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE THE BETTER CHOICE. i ALREADY HAVE A JOB LINED UP FOR APPRX. 41500SQ. FT, SO THIS MAY BE THE ONLY ONE THANKS AGAIN. LOVIN AND LIVIN IN NORTH CAROLINA

2. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

What model?? You did not take possession yet? Not to late.Sub this job out and get a used FINN. or turfmaker mechanical agitation. You have your answers already it sounds like.

3. micromike

micromike LawnSite Member
    from SW/PA

What is your target market? What size machine did you get?

If you are looking to do large State and Federal funded jobs you bought the wrong machine. They usually spec wood mulch. If you are doing residental and the occasional larger job and have a reasonable capacity jet machine you will do fine with the TT.

If you don't like the jet machine after a season or two, sell it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Mike

4. worthbrown

worthbrown LawnSite Member

I have an Easy Lawn jet agitated machine (very similiar to TT). It works very well for me. I don't do govt or road work. I only do residential. I have a 600 gal machine, and I can easily do a 1 acre yard in a day by myself. I agree with mike that if you get into govt or road jobs, maybe a mechanical would be better. I have been seeding for 3 yrs, and don't plan on buying a different machine.