Hydroseeding Guarentee Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChrisYanik, Feb 17, 2000.

1. ChrisYanik

ChrisYanik LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

I've got a few quick question which need to be address soon, for all of you who offer hydroseeding as a service to your customers, how can you offer a guarentee that the seed will germinate and the lawn will fill in well? If installed correctly, success of a seeded lawn will depend cheifly on the watering habits and care given by the customer. Material cost for hydroseeding isn't all that cheap. Do you place some sort of a condition in the service contract which state that you will void the warrenty on a hydroseeding job if the customer fails to water the newly seeded lawn. Or do you just do the job over again and pay for the materials out of your own pocket. <p>Also....what's the average price per square foot which most of you charge.<br>I figured that mosted hydroseeding jobs should be priced at 5.7 cents per square foot for both ground preperation and hydroseeding. Any comments regarding price or guarntee's would be greatly apprieciated.
  2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

I use $1.00 per sq. yd. as a base price unless the job is over 5000 sq. yds then drop to $.87 . Warrantee on job depends on customner and size over 3000 sq. yds. how can he water?<p>----------<br>paul<p>
  3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

We get $.06 for just Hydroseeding. We also get $.06 for Rockhound/fine raking. $.12 total. That's pretty much a contractors price. We'll get more for a single 10,000 sq. ft. residential lawn.<p>As far as the guarantee, most all our installations, we do the irrigation also. Then we also provide follow-up starter fertlizer every 3 weeks. (charged out a regular fert application)<p>We haven't had a problem with non-watering, but we have had problems with wash-out. We generally put down fabric/webbing on slopes, but we've been back to re-do our share.
  4. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Lazer how do you like your rockhound. is it bobcat mounted?<br>how about chain wear and upkeep<p>----------<br>paul<br>
  5. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

If the owner rings back complaining that the<br>grass has not germinated,and you ask if he<br>has watered,then what do you think he will say?Of course he will say he has watered so<br>you have to cough up for the re-seeding.<br>My question is,how can you prove he is <br>lying?
  6. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

The grass will be growing if he watered! Another sign will be foot marks from moving the sprinkler, no foot marks no water. Biggest problem is washout and then the repair. <p>----------<br>paul<br>