Hydroseeding Help

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by justinL110, Mar 25, 2007.

1. justinL110

justinL110 LawnSite Member

I am trying to get into the hydroseeding market and have some important questions and opinions to be asked. First off, I am looking into a turbo turf machine. I know it is jet adjitated and I have heard both good and bad about this. Also if I use a paper mulch I have heard of the possibility of crusting over. If this happens it will not allow my seed to germinate throuh or let water in correct. I just need some advice, Please Help! Thank You.
  2. chris638

chris638 LawnSite Member

I have a Bowie hydroseeder and absolutely love it. Simple design allows for a lot less clogging than some of the competition. Not a big fan of jet agitation. The mulch bales are quite compacted and are more easily broken up by a bale shredder. We use 100% wood fiber mulch always. It only cost $1.00 per bale more and we have had great results with it. A lot of people use a blend of paper and wood which I am assuming would work just fine. I wouldn't use 100% paper mulch though. It tends to break down too quickly.
  3. justinL110

justinL110 LawnSite Member

That is what I am afraid of. I am wanting a machine that is inexpensive but will do a good job for me. I am just hoping that the paper mulch will do ok for me.