Hydroseeding Job Down the Drains

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Jul 8, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Ok, this is the story on a hydroseeding job that we did for a customer about 1 1/2 months ago. Well, actually the job started last fall. First we had 3 large trees removed in the back yard to allow sunlight in, which cost around $1,200 to have them cut down and removed.

Then we started to clean up all of the junk in the yard last year, and started to prep the lawn. There was so much crap in the lawn that we made at least a half dozen trips to the land fill to dump all the stuff. That was approx $900 worth of work done.

Then this year the hydroseeding company came in did the final prep work and hydroseeded the lawn, total cost approx $1,500.

So the customer has spend approx $3,600 to get this lawn up and going.

Well, she decides that she wants to have the house remodeled. They started the work on Tuesday and I promise you that I will get more pictures tonight of the entire lawn. So far this picture is just of the front lawn. It made me sick!!!

hpim0200.jpg

2. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

That looks like opportunity knocking on your door (again)!

3. tiedeman

from earth

here are some more pics, sorry for the dark pics.

hpim0225.jpg

4. tiedeman

from earth

here is another bad pic of the lawn tore up

hpim0226.jpg

5. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

i don't see the problem..... more money for u to repair the lawn

6. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

It wouldn't bother me at all. You did the job you were asked to do and got paid. When the house is done she will call you again to hydroseed. Look at it like this. After you got done doing all the landscape work and it looked great she finally realized her house need major work also. She'll call you back. Get paid twice.

7. tiedeman

from earth

I know what you mean about the more money, but it just eerks me that after the project was all done something like this would happen. To make matters worse she is signed up on a total maintenance package (lawn, landscaping, fertilization, aeration, you name it), BUT I haven't been able to do anything, so I am out of that money.