Hydroseeding Pictures 11/9/07

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by EA Quinn, Nov 9, 2007.

1. EA Quinn

EA Quinn LawnSite Senior Member

Heres some pictures of a lawn install we did today on a new construction. raking this was fun. The pictures dont do the slope justice. one of the steeper lawns we have installed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

looks great. You have nice coverage across the whole yard considering the slope and size. Good job. I would love to see some pics once it is up and growing a little. it ought to look great.

3. turboawd

turboawd LawnSite Member
    from midwest

i used to see hydro used a lot years ago. i never see it done now. is it less popular?

4. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Hydro seeding is very expensive way to seed a lawn, and most people dont understand the need to water once its down so most of the time it doesnt turn out as well as laying sod. Good job...

5. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice, I'll def keep you guys in mind for subbing out any hydro seeding jobs, I'm not that far away.

6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats alot of green, looks good.

7. You did a great job. That will look like a golf course I'm sure. Do you set the irrigation schedules on your overseeds? I showed up at a customers house and she was complaining about her lawn not being green even though overseeded with winter rye. Check her timer still watering twice a week:hammerhead: Don't understand why these lawn people don't educate the customers on this stuff. Anyway I set for 6 2minute cycles a day for a week and now it looks spectacular. Why did they remove so much of the natural growth? Fire protection or just wanted the southern mansion look?

8. EA Quinn

EA Quinn LawnSite Senior Member

when we quote a job for hydroseeding, we at the time of the quote, also provide them with a quote for three-foure applications of starter fert to bring the lawn around. This is a key step that most people skip which ends up giving you a thin sparse lawn. We usually set up there irrigation system and watering times as well if they have a system. As the truck is leaving the house, we also provide them with a new lawn care instruction booklet we created so if they choose not to follow our instructions, we are not accountable. People assume hydroseeding a lawn means you get instant sod, which we all know is not true, and it takes a little time and effort before you get that great lawn. Heres a picture of a lawn we shot about 1 month ago. The second shot is of a lawn we shot where the guy had cleared trees in his whole front yard. He liked how it came out so well, that he cut down a bunch more and prepped another area below that we shot later on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Are you saying that you have to water new seed more to get it up?

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic