Hydroseeding rook

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by guntruck, May 2, 2001.

1. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys any suggestions or comments on hydroseeding for a person who has never used one before? I have a customer who has a hill on the waterfront and i could seed and roll it then top dress it heavily to prevent washout but i think hydro would be much better. Now sunbelt rents them and the rep said he could have me using it in no time but i just want some advice from you guys. The area is only 5 m/sf and he said he knows this late hes no0t gonna get a real good lawn he just wants to get something going for summer and doesnt want to pay the big bucks for sod. So go for the hydroseeding or no? Thanks

2. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Eric....I think im in the wrong forum can you move it to the landscape forum please, sorry.

3. Sean Gassman

Sean Gassman LawnSite Member

Theres more to hydroseeding than a few minute crash course from a rental company can cover. I would recommend sub-ing out the work to make sure it is done correctly. Is it worth losing the customer if you have problems?

4. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

I agree with Sean, you could sub this out to a quality contractor and get it done.

I would highly recommend hydroseeding. I have been doing it for about 5 1/2 years now and there is no other way to seed. There are alot of hugh end products you could use to improve the slurry to make it grow evenly and in heat.

Look for a guy that uses these products and you won't be sorry.

5. Daren

Daren LawnSite Member

I agree with everyone above. Experience is learned through practice. Sub it out to someone and you will be most assured that it will do well. Took time and practice ans some advice from Indiana (thanks). But all my jobs are doing well.

Daren