1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hydroseeding

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Jamesgateslandscaping, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Guys! Is buying a hydroseeder worth it? I will be buying an enclosed trailer this fall for mowing and an equipment trailer in the spring for the skid steer I'm buying. Now I will have my 16ft trailer that Id like to keep and my question that am I posing is: Is a 300-500 gallon Hydroseeder worth it? I know I could find one for some cheap money ($3000 or so) around here and didnt know if I should even look into it with a tank that size.
    It would be a skid mount so If needed, I could just lift it off the trailer with the skid steer no problem. I already have two trucks and am getting a third within a few mounts (1 ton dump...thanks for helping me decided guys!) so I will not have a problem sending out a crew or 2 and being able to send out maybe my dad to seed. Is it that tough to do? Is it worth adding to my list of services? I also install lawns so Id think it would be worth it?
    Let me know everyones opinion if you own on or not.
    Thanks
    James

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Call my brother, he does Hydroseeding in the Amherst area. His name is Kurt I can give you his # if you PM me.

Get the 500 gallon as the 300 gallon is far too small. If you can keep it busy then yes it is worth it.

3. Jamesgateslandscaping

Anyone else?

4. landcare pa

landcare pa LawnSite Member
    from pa

i have a 600 gallon easy lawn for sale mounted on a trailer with a hose real 4 years old for $5000 dollar excellent shape !!! theres good $$$$$ in seeding if you know what you are doing !!

5. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Your welcome...

6. Jamesgateslandscaping

HAHA, you rule Sodking, Im looking for something closer to me, if I was closer Id take a look.
    Thanks
    James