Hydroseeding

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by grassmasterswilson, Jan 22, 2008.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I have been doing some research on hydroseeding and I am thinking about adding it to my business. I have not seen many people in my area doing it and with all the new construction/erosion control it looks like a good idea if I can work it out. Any advice on equipment? Good/bad brands? Pricing looks like 5 - 18 cents per sq ft? Help me decide if it is worth the pain! I know nothing about doing this so any advice will be great.

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you do a lot of installations is very worth it. other wise it just going to sit in your garage:drinkup:

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Like what was said above if you do a lot of hydro installs and I do mean a lot of installs then go for it but if you don't, don't waste your money. The initial investment is very substantial so make sure there is a strong market for your service.

4. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

You could always rent one. You could offer the service, and then see if it makes sense to buy one. I rent my aerator, and it works out well. I'm a small LCO, and renting is a great option for me. The going rate for a small 250 gallon skid hydro seeder is 150 bucks/day. Don't know how much the big trailer units run though. For my installs, which are on small properties, I like using Futerra rolls as a moisture-weed seed barrier. Great for 2 k front yards and smaller.

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i rent a 1000 gallon finn for 150 a day if i buy the supplies from them or 200 a day if i only rent the machine. to me its not worth buying the machine if you dont run it every day. i love doing it, its easy work that i make a nice buck on.