1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Harleyman, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Harleyman

Harleyman LawnSite Member
    from NY

I am working on a bid for a town highway dept for hydroseeding new road banks. all that is required is seeding, mulching, and fert.
    Just wondering what you would charge for this.
  2. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

3. Believe your high or am I really lowballing at $7.87.
  4. roscioli

I sometimes bid at $6.36, but this is gonna be a pretty hard job.

Haha, LMAO. Sorry, for all of those who wonder what the hell these 3 first responses are, he didn't add "square foot price" until after we posted them... It was a good "i am starting up in this business, and have my dad's craftsman mower, how much should i charge to mow a lawn" post...
  5. Harleyman

Harleyman LawnSite Member
    from NY

lets see been in business for 10 years asking a simple question forgot something after the first post saw my mistake fixed it. Now i already have my price so never mind just looking for a little more info.
    No one has ever helped me out in this business i do not know why i asked you wacks. Always looking for a little more info but maybe it can not be had on this board.
    We only do construction and do not mow, any little kid on the block can mow grass, not all can design and construct a landscape around a home.
    So do not worry about answering my question and i may come back and see if anyone screws up esp "roscioli". Remember I'll be watching:angry:
  6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

heh. can you feel the love in here? :rolleyes:
  7. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

Ouch!! reading through the post I thought it was just some innocent joking and ribbing.. didn't expect that response....:dizzy:
  8. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

Harleyman, if they are not expecting a gaurentee I would charge 8 to 10 cents per square ft.
  9. Sean Gassman

Sean Gassman LawnSite Member

How much Sf or Acreage are they talking about? What type of specifications for each of the mulch, seed, and fertilizer? Without knowing the specifications I can not answer the question. For help with hydroseeding you may want to check out the Hydro Turf Planters Association. www. htpa.org
  10. roscioli

Haha... me too... Sorry Harleyman, I was just joking around with ya... It just amused me. I wont joke around on lawnsite ever again.