1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnworks, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Anybody have any experience hydroseeding? Is it worth buying the machine? How much cheaper is it than sodding? I guess that would be the main selling point. It looks like an easy way to make some money. What do yall recomend? Finn?
  2. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

1/3 the price of sod. Get a Finn. Yes there is money to be made if there is a lot of new construction in your area. I bought a Finn T60 with a 600 gallon nurse tank,great setup.
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

start out small with a turbo turf or a easy lawn jet system.then once you get going with lots of customers then i would work up to a finn unit.i have a turbo turf 300 gallon and works well for the price.when i do large areas i rent out the easy lawn mech not jet unit or a finn
  5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I use to do a lot of hydro-seeding years ago and all we did were new lawns. I was wondering how effective it would be to offer hydro-seeding as a form of overseeding?