Hypothetical: Would you buy a DC if it had a deck like eXmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kaufmaninc, Jul 13, 2004.

1. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

I got the opportunity to run on the other week & was very impressed with their controls. Silky smooooooooth. So...If DC did put a 5.5" deck with chambered blades, would you buy one? Or do they make you feel like you're going to the tractor pulls when you see them?

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a DC this year with it's current deck and I'm itching to get another.

The streaking issue definitely needs to be addressed and it is ugly... however.. it is the best machine I've ever used. Fast, powerful, comfortable and easy to operate.

3. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my DC. And i guess i am the only one who has no problems with it streaking yet.

I will be getting a new one this fall or next spring. Most likely the XWF2700-60. 60'' cut 27 hp.

4. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

no i would not buy a DC if it had an exmark deck on it b/c nothing needs to change about DC deck.

DC are the best mowers on the planet

what other mower can do this....

canton 1.jpg

5. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

then the very next lawn do this

jcp 1.jpg

6. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

and have it looking like this.....i love my DC's

jcp 2.jpg

7. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well said fellow chopper lover. What modle is that one?

8. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

Nice work 5 star. :) I think we've all seen Eric Elm's work with the DC's & HE was the Master & teacher on stripping. If not please pay tribute to Eric Elm's website. Unbelievable is all I can say!!! What I'm gettting at is the really thick wet grass. I was having windrow problems. Tire pressure correct, no belt slipping, blades razor sharp & deck pitched 1/4 forward.

9. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I have 4 72" DC's and we put down the best stripes in our area. So to answer your question, no I would not buy an Exmark because their deck is no better (IMHO)than Dixies. Dixie has been in the zero turn business far longer than Exmark, albeit Exmark outsells Dixie, but Chevrolet also outsells Cadillac.............Lynn

trailer and lawn pics 2004 021.jpg

10. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

No I would not buy one regardless of the deck. For the simple reason that there is not a DC dealer anywhere near me. Dealer support is the most important consideration for me when buying any type of equipment. My short time of owning the yellow slugs taught me that lesson. I would like to try one though. Interesting looking mowers. The mud bogging tires would have to go though.