hypothetically, how much do you charge for cleanups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by environment, Jan 10, 2004.

1. environment

environment LawnSite Member

for the entire fall cleanup, how much should i charge, i know there are millions of things that go into pricing, but i just want a basic understanding of the going rate, i went on an estimate and i think i might of been to high
  2. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

It all depends on your overhead there isnt one set price that everyone uses.( example) I Have one employee that is paid $10.00 per hour and myself My rate would be $40.00 per hour that includes using my equitment and $30.00 for hauling debre in truck.
  3. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

As a rule, 35.00 per man hour. plus any disposal fees
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I am close to you in Hunterdon County and I will tell you that last Fall, we billed at $75 per man hour for every job no matter what we were doing.

The year before we were at $65 an hour and the modest increase this year was barely noticed.
  5. 75 a hour and deposal fees
  6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

30.00 an hour per man...then charge accordingly if i have to personally remove the leaves.
  7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Depends on your capabilities, and setup. The companies charging $60. an up per man hr., are well set up for leaf removal. It will take these companies alot less time than your average. Charge hourly, and accordingly. This season we were getting between $60-$75 per man hr, plus dumping fees. :cool:
  8. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

when you all say x dollars per hour per man.. do you also charge for yourself, or your payment is in the diff from there rate and your x amount an hour per man?
  9. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

For leaf cleanups we charge $1.25/min for a 2 man crew, id say most lawns ave. about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. to cleanup. but that is just an ave 8000-12000 sqft lawn, depends on the trees and beds as well.
  10. just Cuts

just Cuts LawnSite Member
    from NJ

75.00 an hour for 2 guys.