Hypro 6500 Pump

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ArizPestWeed, Sep 19, 2007.

1. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone use them ?
    Mine don't last very long , 3- 6 months , htey freeze up or start leaking .
    I don't use them that much , maybe 300 times a year
    Is this wrong ??

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We use Hypro D-30's for lawn & D-50's for tree/shrub. They are work horses. Problem is,,,,,,,,,,they're made in Italy.:usflag:

3. spray_man

spray_man LawnSite Member

the 6500 is a low RPM pump. If you have it connected directly to a motor shaft you are going to use up it up faster. Also you must leave fluid in the pump when not in use, so that it does not seize (except in freezing weather. The ice may damage the pump). The 4100 series pumps are more suited for that. I have extensive knowledge of Hypro pumps PM me if you have specific questions or concerns.

4. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Spray Man. Is it normal to hear a light knocking from a D-30 when its running but I'm not spraying?

Scott

5. spray_man

spray_man LawnSite Member

Sorry Scott. I should have said I have extensive knowledge of the 6500 and 4100 series hypro pumps. However, if it is a roler or diaphram pump there should be no nothing moving inside the pump while at idle. The noise may be hot metal and cold water mixing, and making the parts expand or contract.