hypro D30 ? 2gpm with 3/8 hose

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jesie79, Apr 4, 2014.

1. jesie79

jesie79 LawnSite Member

Hi All! Im putting together a spray system for fertilizing/weed control... I want to run a 5.5 Honda with a hypro D30 with jet agitation. my main concern is I want to run 3/8 hose, approx. 300 feet. I will need to get 2 gallons per minute and my question is.... with the friction loss, will the D30 be enough?? Any advice is appreciated and thanks in advance!

2. GreenGuysLC

GreenGuysLC LawnSite Senior Member

I run 1/2 in hose and have no problem with 2.5 gpm. I would think without running numbers your 2gpm is very doable. D30 here as well

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Ditto with GreenGuys. We used 3/8 hose back in the day, but we experienced an initial "blast" out of the gun. Been using 1/2 hose ever since with no problem (no blast). Congrats on the Hypro D-30. It's a reliable pump for your needs, and that's what we continue to use. Also -- you can easily get by with a 4.5 Honda instead of the 5.5 if you want (no difference). We install 2 new diaphrams every spring. Then you won't have to worry all year long.

2 gallons per minute is not a problem. You could easily spray 4 GPM if you want (depending on the nozzle). We use TeeJet lawn guns with the grey nozzle at 2 GPM. Works nicely.

Go with 1/2 hose, and you won't regret it.

4. Uturf

Uturf LawnSite Member

A d-30 is rated at 9gpm. you can adjust your nozzle and pressure to that easily. I run a d-50 (14 gpm) with a 1.5 gpm nozzle with 300 ' of 3/8 hose. Im at 60g / ac. How many gal per acre are you trying to spray?

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

We run 2 units with D-30's and 400' of 3/8 inch hose and we spray 2gpms and have plenty left over for excellent twin hypro jet agitation...no problem. We run them at about 100psi

6. jesie79

jesie79 LawnSite Member

Great! You all put my worries aside. Ordering parts as soon as I'm done here! Going through rittenhouse, havnt ordered from them before, but I really like the final price no shipping straight forward platform they have.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. GreenGuysLC

GreenGuysLC LawnSite Senior Member

Rittenhouse is awesome. I have ordered many things and usually have in less than two days. Most of time it is next day
    Posted via Mobile Device