Hypro D30 vs. D403

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by whoopassonthebluegrass, Mar 3, 2009.

1. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I've been reading up for 2+ hours on all I could find about pumps...

I have a Lesco Space Saver. It has the Hypro D403 on it. I loathe it. It requires such frequent maintenance, it's a nightmare.

I am considering swapping it out for a Hypro D30. Folks seem to go longer between rebuilds with them, and they apparently last for years and years.

Will the D30 fit directly onto my existing gear box and motor? Is this investment REALLY going to save me some headache?

ANY FEEDBACK OR OPINIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

2. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Whoop,

Go to this link and then contact them by phone and ask. When looking at the 403 is appears they use the same gearbox, BUT call to make sure :)

I have 2 D-30s and LOVE THEM!

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?pg=95

Pete

3. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

whoop,
    I just replaced my D-30 and regulator this winter after running the old one since 1996. The only reason I replaced it was because some of the coating on the inside was starting to flake off. The only trouble I ever had out of it was rubber diaphrams going bad........just normal.

I spent a lot of time searching for the best price and came across the one in the link from Pete. I was skeptical of it because of the (AR) and about $100 cheaper than anyone else. The output specs are a little different than the other websites I found, even Hypros website. Rittenhouse told me it WAS a Hypro. I talked to the Hypro guys at the Farm Machinery Show in Louisville last month and they said they never heard of a D-30 with (AR) attached to it, he had been with the company over 10 years. He looked very puzzled about what I was asking and stopped short of calling it a knock-off.

I spent the extra $100 and got mine through Dultmeier, did not want to take the chance.

As far as mounting, I would call Hypro. Weather it mounts the same or the gearing is the same I don't know. When I called them as I was first searching, it was very easy to reach and talk to their tech guys. (No one in India answered the phone.)

Just my experience this winter.

4. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Whoop, I didn't see this thread before I posted in the other one. Let me/us know what you find out about replacing the 403 with the D30 on the Kaw. I'm very interested in the outcome. Thanks

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Whooped

The D 30 pump and gear box use the same crank shaft.

6. whoopassonthebluegrass

Excellent! I'm soooooo glad they have internet access at the nursing home!!!

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yes Whooped

The nurses even tape a pencil to my hand so I can type with my arm.

8. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

i pictured it with a warden or keeper and tentacles or a claw. but thanks for the hook up info, one used 403 for sale cheap, needs.... well they all need to be taken to field and shot...........

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Treegal

You know how state institutions for the criminally insane are. As an inmate we call them nurses. As a tax payer you call them maximum security armed guards. Oops time for the morning round of happy pills, got to go.

10. whoopassonthebluegrass

Has someone used both of these pumps and can assure me that the D30 is, in fact, going to require less maintenance than the D403?