Hypro D30 vs. D403

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by whoopassonthebluegrass, Mar 3, 2009.

1. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Your will be happy when you make all these upgrades. Less downtime, a smoother running pump, and a clean Nozzle LOL.

Pete

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we use the d30 and they have been great, i owuld not know another but i iknwo this one is great

3. heritage

The 3/8 is the Bypass hose from the pump. They plumbed it into the 1" Suction line......There lies the problem.

So the 1" Suction line will remain 1".

The 3/8 Bypass line will get it's own dedicated Bulkhead (new you will add) and you will plug the end where the 3/8 hose was plumbed into the 1" manifold/Hose.

The 1/2" yellow spray hose that runs from your pump, to the top bulkhead, to the agitation tube will remain.

So now you will have a Dedicated 1" Suction line......A dedicated "Pump Bypass" line......And a Pressure Agitation Line.

The way it should have come from the factory :)

Pete

4. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I keep thinking that the strainer I have is a 40 mesh. I'll get it back out of the barn tomorrow and take pix of it...

As for the after-the-pump strainer: what unit is that? Do you have a picture of how it hooks in, or a link? And how often do you have to clean it out?

Thanks (again).

5. heritage

I clean out at the end of a week of spraying turf but never clogged yet.

Here are some links:

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?pg=364 Get the 1/2" Bulkhead assm.

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?pg=783 Get 5 feet of 3/8" clear Braided.

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?pg=286 Get Hose Barb Male Elbow 1/2"X3/8" EL1238PP

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?pg=463 Get the 122 Line strainer 1/2" and ask in the notes section for a 50 or 80 Mesh filter. Order 2 extra bowl gaskest as well. Lighty grease gasket when you remove bowl, and it wont dislodge from the grove and get pinched/leak. Another trick.

The 1/2" nylon plug to put in, where you remove the 3/8" hose barb with
    1/2" threads at the manifold can be bought at a hardware store....PVC Nylon and teflon tape so no leaks......Key as this is a Suction Line.

Keep us posted.

Pete

6. robert@rittenhouse

robert@rittenhouse LawnSite Member

Yes, its the exact same gearbox. The D403GRGI uses a gearbox with part number 9910-KIT1640. That is the normal gearbox used on a D30.

The KIT1640 requires an engine shaft that is a staight 3/4" shaft with a keyway. On the pump side it needs the standard Hypro flange with the 3 bolt holes. This is the flange found on the D30, D50, the D403 and a few more Hypro diaphragm pumps.

Hope that clears it up. We have plenty of inventory.

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

Thanks again. Here's another question: would my D403 regulator fit onto the D30?

8. robert@rittenhouse

robert@rittenhouse LawnSite Member

No, the D403 regulator (part # 9910-GR40) is slightly different than the D30 regulator (part# 9910-GS40GI) and will not easily fit onto the D403. I think the bolt holes line up, but I seem to remember that the bottom of the GS40 overlaps with the head of the pump.

So unfortunately the 9910-GS40GI is needed to switch over your sprayer.

9. whoopassonthebluegrass

Being a cheap bugger, is it possible for me to construct an adapter to make it fit?

10. whoopassonthebluegrass