Hypro D30 vs. D403

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by whoopassonthebluegrass, Mar 3, 2009.

1. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

get out of my head!!! you tell me what you decide to do, ric may have me looking at a D50???or a centrifugal??? but pressure is an issue.............

2. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

I never had the need as I am careful and keep suction clear including urea overnight in tank before running pump the next day with no clog/blockage issues.

If you feel you clog the suction line sometimes melting urea OR continue to use a Fine Mesh screen in your Suction line the YES buy it.

Pete

3. heritage

Yep the Red "Hockey Puck" Ha Ha. They wear and I change it every year with YOUR kit Toni :)

Good Pressure always!
    Thanks,
    Pete

4. heritage

Thats what I keep in the truck Whoop as well as the kit Toni Discribes including the Red Biscut....I call em' Hockey Pucks.

Use anti seaze on the 2 bolts in the D-30 Regulator when you remove to change it if you go the D-30 Route.

Pete

5. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Nah. That I'm aware, I've NEVER clogged. More just looking at ANYTHING out there that will help me avoid downtime. Thanks for all your help, Pete. For the 1% of the time I'm not just horsing around on LS, folks like you make it a priceless experience.

6. heritage

Yes Ric and he would never need to wipe again... Ha Ha

Just Kidding.

He needs a 20 Mesh and Correct his configuration with his lines from and to Pump and he will be in Happy again with that D-403.

Pete

7. heritage

40 Mesh.

Pete

8. heritage

Do The Leaning Towards and SKIP the Alternative Whoop.

Pete

9. heritage

Yes he could go with 3/4 hose BUT he will then need a different Hose fitting that threads to the Pump Bypass. Just keep it SIMPLE and use the existing hose and send to new bulkhead.

If you take the Intake hose "Right to the Filter" how will you mount the filter to the existing mount? Keep it simple I always say :)

Pete

10. JLWC

JLWC LawnSite Member

a 6 inch pipe niple