Hypro D50 Problem

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by j455cb, Sep 30, 2007.

1. j455cb

j455cb LawnSite Member

I have an older Lesco 300 gallon sprayer with a hypro d50 pump.
    I was spraying a yard and lost pressure I checked the tank I still had
    around fifty gallons of product that was building alot of foam.
    I added de foamer and continued to use with no success. My bypass line
    was discharging a frothy liquid at this time I have checked my fittings
    and all do not seem to be leaking
  2. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like some sediment got past the suction filter and is in one or more of the check valves.

On the top side of each head is one nut holding the Accumulator in place (red and round). Remove the nut on each end , as well as attached hoses to access the 4 Check valves and o-rings. Remove them and see that the seats within the valves seal, Clean them all and check that there is no small grooves between them where pressure will be lost.

Rinse accumulator and suction hose well with clean water with suction filter screen removed, to clear any sediment/sand from the suction line, then reassemble. Should do the trick :)

Pete D.
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Or--maybe your filter is plugged--or you have a suction leak at or near the filter--or maybe an accumulation of gunk in the tank. Check the easy things first. Remove filter, clean it and make sure you have good flow coming from the tank. Watch for collapsed hoses due to pump suction. Add water and make sure everything is primed. Loosen pressure regulator down to about 20 lbs pressure to dislodge sediment--then increase up to your usual pressure. If no result--get out your tools and go after the valves as above.
  4. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

whats the oil look like thru the site glass on the pump? milky color? probly popped a diaphram. not to much to go wrong with the hypro pumps
  5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Ditto. That's my first guess as well. I have a D-50 w/Honda 8 hsp engine in my truck -- both are 17 years old, and both still work like new. I've replaced the diaphrams when the pump oil becomes milky, and I keep the screen clean. That's it. The D-50's are built to last for sure.:usflag:
  6. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Diaphram failure the 2x it has happened to me caused oil/water mixture to exit the oil fill on the pump case.

Most likely a check valve.

Pete D.