Hyvar Xl

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by FIRESCOOBY, Aug 14, 2006.

1. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Customer of mine is an exterminator. He got me some Hyvar XL for PERSONAL use. I have an area beside the house that I want to kill off the vegetation and put rock down. He told me this stuff was a sterilant and would be better than round-up. The area is not conducive to spraying with round-up often due to steepness. Plus, it faces to road and any weeds poking through the rock will show bigtime.

Anyway...I got this stuff, but it didn't have the insert for mixing. How should I mix it to use in a regular sprayer. Also, will this do the job I am looking for?

There is no ground water dangers that I can tell. Any help would be appreciated.

2. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

you may have to mix it with round up a soil seralite just prevents vegetation from growing and on a slope watch for wash out.

4. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Well, according to what my untrained eye see's, it says 1 gallon per 5. I was thinking that it'd be a ratio like Round-up (like 2 oz per gallon).

How do y'all mix it. The area at my house is quite large, and if it takes 1/5, I'm screwed at $80 for this stuff (gallon).

5. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

ALL 'soil' incorporated herbicides are this way (taken up thru the roots, steralents, etc). go ahead and use what you have now and mix it w/ round up. then in the future just use a pre-m product like pendulm mixed w/ gallary. and if you still have emergent weeds, add round up to the mix.