I-90's , anyone ever use em?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by AI Inc, Jul 23, 2013.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I-90's , anyone ever use em?

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

I really would love to put 1 in before I retire.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I could see them being a problem in soft ground, if the force of the spray from part-circle heads moves them.

4. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing super special about these except their throw for a standard rotor. Have replaced them when needed but personally would prefer if RB made one that threw the distance and had the same setup as the I-90. If you have the flow and need the distance, why not just go for a VIH type unit like the Toro 835\855 Series heads that are truly designed for distance.

5. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

I've got six of 'em in a corral. They work well enough, just stay out of the way of the main nozzle when they come on.

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

That's what Im looking at em for. An oversized outdoor riding arena.

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I am getting 65 ft @ 85-90 psi on an arena using falcons. Mounted them on 5 ft x 2 in Sched 80 risers 5 years without a hitch.

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I need a little bit more. This one is 145 wide . That's why Im considering I-90

9. Rotor_Tool

Rotor_Tool LawnSite Senior Member

If you have the available water, you could look at the Eagle 950 from Rain Bird. The larger top "flange" makes them a lot more stable that a traditional commercial type rotor. You might also check the Underhill Mirage rotor - I haven't used them personally but I have heard good things.

10. Rcn971

Rcn971 LawnSite Member

I installed them for a riding ring....they will rip your skin wide open if you have a small cut already. They are throwing around 75'