I almost got Screwed on an EBay Lazer Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tynash, Sep 21, 2004.

1. tynash

tynash LawnSite Member

Has anyone heard of this guy. I was on my way to the bank to send $3,000 cash to this guy in Czech Republic to a 60 inch lazer z liquid cooled with 27 horsepower when I called my buddy Jim, who is a avid reader of this site and is about to get onto the biz. Jim said he read that this was a scam. I can't tell you how close I was on this. In fact, All the banks were closed by the time I got off my real job.

This guy said he would ship it for free and it all sounded legit. In fact I asked him about 6 times if this was legit and he assured me that it was and I had nothing to worry about. I asked him to use Pay Pal and he would not reply.

Keep your eyes open and thank you Jim.

Tyler

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

What would you say if you were scamming somebody and they asked if you were legit?

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

if something sounds too good to be true, most of the time it is. glad you didn't get burned.

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

very true. i as well am glad that nothing happened. mind passing us the link to the auction? just so i can keep an eye out for this guy.

and by a scam, do you mean it was stolen, or you were going to pay and then get nothing in return?

5. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 LawnSite Member

I have a lazer z hp and I wouldn't ship it anywhere for free let alone a 60" over seas that should have been the first sign a 60" lazer shipped for a total of 3k

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

You really believed this ???

Tell you what I know of some killer Ocean Front Property in Arizona .... I'll even thow in a free porch .... let me know when you can Pay Pal me $100k ... better hurry cause at this price it won't last

7. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. LawnSite Member

Sorry you almost fell for the scam. Asking to deal in cash should be a hint. There is one of those deals in every category on ebay. Cars, trucks, bobcats etc. Any considerable amount of money involved in the transaction should be done through the ebay Escrow.com services. There is a charge for this service. Beware the seller if he wants to use a sounds like escrow.com service. It will be his/her phony escrow just like the offer.

8. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad u didnt fall for the oldest trick in the e-bay book

9. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

The guy I spoke to was in "Italy." I played the game and then gave him an earfull. All the foreign listings for Exmarks are a total waste of your time.

10. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

You're welcome Ty. Im glad we talked BEFORE you sent out the dough.

Jim